At some point every developers will hit a slump and find their days feeling stale. To keep your development career progressing and exciting it is important that you find ways to keep every day "fresh". In this episode we discuss why it is important to find new development challenges everyday and avoid slipping into a stale daily routine. We offer a few ideas on how to find new daily challenges to inspire you to keep your day "fresh".
Why keep your day “fresh”
- Helps keep you inspired and engaged with your projects/work.
- Helps you to continue to innovate in your development approach
- Putting yourself in position of new challenges and unknowns helps you grow.
Ideas for how to keep your day “fresh”
- Set aside time to learn a new language or technology
- Identify repetitive tasks and either delegate or automate them
- Surround yourself by new and positive people
- Get a change of scenery by moving your desk, or yourself.
- Share with us what “keeping your day fresh” means to you.
- Think about past experiences,what excited you about development how can you capture that day to day?
- Seek out new opportunities and challenges, do not wait for them to come to you!
- Get up take a break, walk around, you need a breath of fresh air!
Links from this Episode
Previous Episodes Mentioned
- How you identify, treat and prevent the three types of developer burn out.
- Avoiding Development Stress
- Task Estimation Techniques
- Using D.U.M.B goals and S.M.A.R.T goals to grow your development career.
- How to give and receive feedback
- Establishing Office Connections
- To get more done as a developer you need a personal task management system.
*We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.